By Danielle Galvin
If you’re into podcasts, we’ve put together a list for you to sink your teeth into.
Below are a few recommendations, for those times you’re feeling lost and in need of advice, or you’re in the mood for something funny or informative.
I found some of these useful, as an example, when I was struggling with my daughter’s tantrums around the age of 3.
It was a difficult time in parenthood and I sought out advice from some podcasts.
There’s so many good ones to choose from, but here’s a few of our picks:
- Parenting in the age of the coronavirus: A new podcast from the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute in Melbourne. Child health experts discuss the challenges parents are facing, and explore how you can best support yourself and your children so they can continue to learn, thrive and develop.
- Mamamia’s Me After You podcast is on my ‘to listen’ list. It poses the question – who am I, after having a baby?
- Happy Mum Happy Baby – the podcast is from Giovanna Fletcher, UK mum of 3, author, blogger. I’ve been a fan a long time. She always has some great names and talent – and some of the podcasts are absolute tearjerkers!
- Maggie Dent on the ABC – Parental As Anything – She covers off a lot of different topics. Always a great listen.
- Respectful Parenting: Janet Lansbury Unruffled. Another famed parenting expert. Plenty to sink your teeth into.
- Kirsten Bell’s Momsplaining: OK, not a podcast but a light hearted little series nonetheless. Always good for a laugh!
- The Modern Dads: This is a podcast about the dads doing it all
- The Happy Families podcast with Dr Justin Coulson. Advice, easy to listen to, what’s not to love?