Premier Daniel Andrews has outlined Victoria’s first steps out of lockdown.
The long awaited announcement included an easing of the 5 kilometre bubble.
“We just have a little longer to go, in order to defeat this second wave,” he said.
The changes effective from 11.59pm tonight in metropolitan Melbourne are:
- You will be able to travel up to 25km from your home
- Hairdressers will be allowed to open
- Skatepark will reopen
- Time limits for outside will be scrapped
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people from 2 households will be allowed
- Golf reopen
- Outdoor pools can host 30 swimmers
- Outdoor photography will be allowed
From Sunday 1 November, changes include:
- The four reasons to leave home will be scrapped
- You will be allowed to have two people in your home, plus dependents, once a day
- Retail will reopen, with conditions
- Hospitality will reopen, but with strict restrictions
- Contact sport for under 18 year olds will be allowed
- 10 people will be allowed at weddings, 20 at funerals