The Stonnington and Boroondara locales are truly among the best for beautiful gardens and parks in Melbourne.
People from all over the city visit the well-maintained playgrounds and picnic spots in the municipality.
So it’s no secret to many local families – but we headed out to a few spots to take some snaps and show off what the area has to offer.
And as the weather cools, it’s great to have some options if you’re looking for a spot to enjoy your surrounds.
1. Maranoa Gardens in Balwyn – If you haven’t been, you must! It truly is a local gem. There’s a big playground with lots of shade. As well as a few little walking tracks and the gardens themselves are stunning. Like a little oasis.
2. At Anderson Park in Hawthorn you’ll find arguably one of the best views of the city. There’s a playground and walking tracks too.
3. A nice spot to stroll along the river at Yarra Bank Reserve. Check out the views!
4. Go exploring in the inner suburb’s green oasis at Victoria Gardens in Prahran. The perfect spot for a picnic with plenty of shade and trees.
5. Malvern Urban Forest is a small urban park, with a nice bike track to the take the kids. It’s a nice place for a walk, a picnic and a bike ride!
6. Malvern Public Gardens is another nice spot for a stroll!